Test Driven Development (TDD) links
Lately I’ve been experimenting with TDD. Unlike just normal automated testing, it suggests that you write the tests first. Why?
Here are a few links that have been useful:
- This is an old podcast which made it clear (to me) what the point of TDD is. TDD should help you write code that is easy to test. It enforces inversion of control and dependency injection in your code. If your code is hard to write tests against, it means your design is not clear.
- http://www.infoq.com/news/2009/05/recommended-tdd-tutorials: good overview of a first place to start
- http://www.dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=168 This particular link provides even more background. It rambles a little, but a worthwhile listen.
- http://jamesshore.com/Blog/AoA-Correction-Test-Driven-Development.html a good summary of studies done regarding the effectiveness of TDD as a technique
- http://testobsessed.com/blog/2011/12/01/selecting-test-automation-tools/ tool selection advice